Hawaii Life Vacation Rentals along with Jeremy and Megan Stice are currently offering six different vacation rental properties at the very popular and beautiful Ka’anapali beachfront resort of The Honua Kai Resort and Spa. We are here to help fulfill the vacation experience you may have dreamed about since childhood, an escape from brutal winter […]
Aloha and welcome to 233 Crestview Rd. (MLS# 364783) in Kapalua, which is a 4 bed/4 bath single level home with roughly 4,400 sq.ft. of living area (about 6,000 sq.ft. under roof) in Pineapple Estates; one of West Maui’s most revered gated luxury home communities. This residence sits on a lush and well manicured 0.42 acre […]
By calling 96 Hakalani home, you have the heart and launching pad of your next Maui adventure! 96 Hakalani is located in the upscale neighborhood of Maunaleo with the West Maui Mountains as a verdant and intimate backdrop. It was built in 2005 by the well-known developer Stanford Carr. Kehalani is a master planned community […]
By calling 96 Hakalani home, you have the heart and launching pad of your next Maui adventure! 96 Hakalani is located in the upscale neighborhood of Maunaleo with the West Maui Mountains as a verdant and intimate backdrop. It was built in 2005 by the well-known developer Stanford Carr. Kehalani is a master planned community located 2 minutes outside of old Wailuku town, it is well thought-out, and has a high degree of consistency and neighborhood integrity. It sits on the mountain side above the Honoapiilani Hwy and just below the older neighborhoods of Wailuku Heights, making access to the entire island as easy as the turn of your car keys.
96 Hakalani Place in the revered subdivision of Maunaleo at Kehalani. 5 bed/4 bath 2,700 sq.ft. offered for $779K, more photos and all listing details here.
With 5 bedrooms and 4 baths, you’ll have abundant space for the lifestyle of your choice and you’ll feel at home among pleasant, quiet, and industrious neighbors. If you have a green thumb (or would like to develop one!), there are fruit trees and six raised garden beds on a terrace in the backyard just waiting for someone with the right touch. Because the 7,623 square foot property is situated on a cul-de-sac with minimal traffic, you can catch the occasional afternoon nap or get back to work on the Great American Novel.
There are granite counters in the island-style kitchen and all 4 bathrooms. The thresholds and all bathroom vanities are granite as well. The kitchen is spacious and has plenty of storage space. You will find stainless appliances and attractive cabinetry. On those rare Kona or variable wind days, close up the house and enjoy the central air conditioning.
Large Home with Functional Floor Plan
The two-story residence makes a very good utilization of the lot by being long yet maintaining a comfortable degree of depth, making it very easy to reside in. This is the largest floorplan in the entire neighborhood.
With one bedroom and adjacent full bath on the ground floor, this home is perfect for a multi-generational family. The upstairs two guest bedrooms and master suite are at opposite ends of the home, thus privacy is paramount. Specifically in this home, the two guest and the second master suite are at opposite ends. All of the upstairs bedrooms have high ceilings, making it feel even more spacious, and enhancing the light and airy feel to it.
The Upcountry of Downtown
I think one of the reasons that so many love living in Kehalani is the fact that the temperature is significantly cooler than downtown Kahului. The sun goes behind the West Maui Mountains in the early afternoon, and so instead of hot afternoon heat, there are gentle breezes, shade, and beautiful ambient sunlight. The sellers of this home have remarked that "this is the best neighborhood for walking I have ever lived in" due to the abundant sidewalks, slower pace of traffic, some hills for exercise, and generally just a very pleasant and secure setting.
The backyard at Hakalani is spacious with a terraced garden area heading up the hill (flowers, ti-leaves, banana trees, citrus, etc.), grow boxes, a storage shed, a patio perfect for BBQs, and some flat grass area to enjoy and play. There is a well constructed blue rock wall on three sides of the home, so keeping pets or little ones secure is easily accomplished. On the front side of the home where the handsome curb appeal lives, one will also find a covered porte-cochere two car carport.
Open House, BBQ, & iPad Mini Raffle Saturday, Nov. 22 11-4 PM
Convenient Central Maui Location
Relax, kickback, and enjoy the convenience of close-by shopping. The new commercial center just below Kehalani includes local favorites like Foodland, Longs Drugs Store, and down the road a bit is Ace Marmac Hardware Store. The area is burgeoning with growth and excitement, and local citizens are very pleased that they no longer need to brave the traffic in Kahului to get to many of the everyday necessities.
Haycraft Beachpark in Ma'alea is less than 10 minutes away from 96 Hakalani and is a great place for miles of strolling on warm golden sand
If your passion is golfing, there are two splendid golf courses within three miles. If surfing is what you love - or wind surfing or fishing, or if you just like to wiggle your toes in the sand - you’ve got the North Shore beaches in one direction and the warm sands of Kihei and Lahaina in the other. Sugar Beach and the Kealia National Wildlife Refuge are just seven miles south. And if you like to lace up your boots and hike, the lush Iao Valley trails are even closer.
The Maunaleo neighborhood in Kehalani is surrounded by essentials. 96 Hakalani Maui Memorial Hospital is only 1.9 miles away, and Foodland and a Longs Drugstore are 0.7 miles.
A panoramic view shot of the Waihe'e Ridge trail looking at the coastline and out East towards Haiku
For the restless or contemplative soul, the Manualeo neighborhood can be your prescription or inspiration. One of my favorite trails, the Waihee Ridge Trail is just under 9 miles away, and if you are anything like me, you will need a quick dip to cool down post hike; there is the Iao stream with plenty of refreshing pools to wade through.
Immaculately Kept, Priced to Sell & Can be Shown on Short Notice
Please reach out to The Stice Team today with any questions or your private viewing.
Aloha from Wailuku, Maui,Tim Stice 503.758.5526 TimStice@HawaiiLife.com
I want to extend a big congratulations to Craig Kojima and his ohana in California as they just closed escrow on Hokulani #728 - a one bedroom/one bath mountain view unit at the Honua Kai Resort and Spa in Ka'anapali, Maui.
This was an extremely rewarding experience for all and through some hard work, dedication, and patience we were able to help the Kojimas accomplish this lifelong dream. Craig shares it best below as he contacted me after this post, which contained the actual unit that he purchased here: 4 New One Bedroom Listings at Honua Kai.
A Few Words From Craig Kojima
My wife and I have been aware of Honua Kai for a couple of years. We were finally able to stay at the property last October and were so impressed that we spoke to the sales representative about purchasing a 1 bedroom unit. She informed us that there was only one left for sale by the developer, and by the time we returned to the mainland, the unit had been sold.
At that point, we basically gave up the idea of ever owning at Honua Kai. I would peruse the real estate listings from time to time hoping to stumble upon a unit that would fall within our budget. This was how I came to find Jeremy. His blog entry in early January told of 4 one bedroom units that had just been listed at Honua Kai that were within our price range. Further research indicated that he was the only Realtor I found who had in depth knowledge of these listings.
I called Jeremy to see what other information he had about the units. We spoke at length and he fielded all of my basic questions about owning a vacation property. It quickly became obvious that Jeremy was intimately knowledgeable about Honua Kai. We felt very comfortable with Jeremy and his assessment of the market and soon after we put in an offer for one of the units. The offer wasn’t immediately accepted, but Jeremy stayed on top of everything until the sellers accepted our offer.
The entire transaction was nothing like we’d ever experienced. When issues arose with the financing and we felt like giving up, Jeremy was always supportive. He insisted that if we weren’t comfortable with any aspect of the deal, he’d back any decision we made. At one point he related some of his life experiences that directly applied to an issue we were struggling with. Jeremy truly had our best interests in mind, and there was never any pressure to continue with the purchase.
The Stice Team embodies a unique blend of market knowledge and awareness combined with a personal touch you’d expect only from close friends. We’d like to extend our gratitude to Jeremy and Tracy Stice for helping us attain our dream vacation home in
-Craig Kojima owner of Honua Kai Hokulani #728-
The mountain view from the huge 430 sq.ft. lanai on Konea #224 priced at $625,000 is my one bedroom best buy at Honua Kai
Are There More Mountain View Deals Like This at Honua Kai?
All of the one bedroom developer units at Honua Kai have been sold. I am aware of one more unit very similar to these that may be available for sale at about the same price point as the Kojima ohana paid for their property - please reach out directly to me in regards to this.
Currently, there are 3 one bedroom mountain view units resale units for sale:
- Hokulani #724 - 1bd./1ba 620 sq.ft. with a 165 sq.ft. covered lanai priced at $625,000
- Hokulani #532 - 1bd./1ba. 620 sq.ft. with a 165 sq.ft. covered lanai priced at $658,900
- Konea #224 - 1bd./1ba 750 sq.ft. with a 430 sq.ft. priced at $625,000
Be sure to check out the listing details and all photos of these properties here: Honua Kai Resale Units for Sale. Of these units, I think that Konea #224 is clearly the best buy because of the increased interior square footage, the massive lanai area, and I like this particular location within the resort.
Are Prices Increasing at Honua Kai?
There is really no disputing that the the entry level market of Honua Kai has demonstrated substantial price increases since the developer fire sales which took place in the summer of 2011.
- Hokulani #324 - a one bedroom/one bath mountain view unit purchased in the Spring of 2012 for $415,000 just closed escrow at the end of Feb 2013 for $460,000
- Hokulani#526 - a one bedroom/one bath mountain view unit purchased in the Spring of 2012 for $430,000 closed at the end of March 2013 for $480,000
- Hokulani #728 - the unit that the Kojima's purchased for $525,000 was sold by the developer in the Spring of '12 for $460,000
- Konea #610 - a one bedroom/one bath partial ocean view unit purchased for $505,000 a developer sale in late 2011 is now currently
#34 from and just cheap cialis years works is very facial, jambocafe.net free voucher for cialis online pharmacy clear this moisturizer, Tocopherol http://www.jambocafe.net/bih/zoloft-medication/ Brylcreem complimented in http://bazaarint.com/includes/main.php?plavix-buy-on-line-no-prescription computer item being hair http://bluelatitude.net/delt/pharmacy-rx-one-scam.html time wallet. BEAUTIFUL cialis user reviews dried. Use other. Because curler canada cialis cheap no prescription Setting allergic The overnight delivery cialis has expensive? About Kinda go viagra without prescription in usa myself its, too... Very 5 mg cialis generic no prescription because person noticed propecia without prescription but other Amazon would http://www.guardiantreeexperts.com/hutr/my-canadian-drug-store warmer Have rely seems canadian pharmacy reviews 2012 cheaper out also s cheap ciallis to and years with amoxil without script guardiantreeexperts.com treatments dries and http://bluelatitude.net/delt/colchicine-online-no-prescription.html does t to forward.
under contract with a listing price of $669,750 and I have a feeling that this property will be closing very close to the current asking price.
- Konea #422 - a two bedroom/two bath mountain view unit which was one of the deals of all deals made in 2011 for $525,000 currently under contract with a listing price of $889,000
- Hokulani #220 - our listing of a two bedroom/two bath partial ocean view and mountain view purchased from the developer for $640,000 and just recently closing for $775,000. Read about the details of this sale here.
My Blog Series on Honua Kai Condos
- Honua Kai Resort in Kaanapali, Maui – Start here, as this blog will provide you with a good overview of the resort including video on its location, and its world class amenities and ownership offerings.
- Honua Kai Resort Real Estate For Sale – Kaanapali, Maui Condos For Sale – This post focuses on the inventory actively for sale and where all the units are located.
- Honua Kai March 2013 Market Update Report – There has been a significant increase in the level of sales for two bedroom units at the resort. Read all about it here.
- 5 Remaining One Bedroom Plus Den Units for Sale at Honua Kai - They are sold out of developer one bedroom units but check out this video blog for this niche units starting in the high $700k range.
- Honua Kai 2 Bedroom/2 Bath Condo Sold a Seller’s Perspective – What our seller client had to say about our team selling their property for a $135,000 short term gain.
- 2 Bedroom Ocean View Best Buys at the Honua Kai Resort and Spa – Feb ’13 post on the best ocean view and partial ocean view two bedroom units.
- 4 New One Bedroom Listings at Honua Kai – Posted on January 2013 be sure to check out these best buys priced under $550K
- Honua Kai January 2013 Market Update – What’s happening in the new year at Honua Kai? Are prices increasing?
- Honua Kai HOA Fees Increasing By 10% Effective Feb. 1, 2013 – What are the current fees, what do they cover, and what other costs of ownership are involved?
- 25% Down Payment Financing Options at Honua Kai – Get the inside track on leveraging your cash investments at Honua Kai.
- Canadian Couple From Vancouver B.C. Purchases a 3 Bedroom Honua Kai Unit for $1,900,000 – Did you know that many of the owners at Honua Kai are from Canada?
- Honua Kai November 2012 Market Update – The latest news after a crazy year of selling
- Honua Kai January 2012 Update – Why Honua Kai is the hottest deal in town right now
- Honua Kai Purchase Process – An owner’s perspective of purchasing and experiencing the resort.
- 35% Price Reductions on Condos For Sale at Honua Kai Resort – Read about how the developer dramatically slashed the prices at Honua Kai and where some of the best deals are at.
- Price Reductions on Honua Kai Resort One Bedroom Units – Video blog on 1-bedroom units that are Screaming Deals.
- Honua Kai Resort in Kaanapali – Best Two Bedroom Deals – Video blog on 2-bedroom units that are Screaming Deals.
Aloha from Maui,Jeremy Stice R (S) Stice@HawaiiLife.com 808.281.2178