The best deals at the Honua Kai Resort and Spa in Ka’anapali, Maui usually get snatched up very quickly by eager buyers who recognize the overall outstanding value of the stunning billion dollar resort, its very strong rental income returns, and just a wonderful location for a home away from home or sheer investment property. One such opportunity just fell out of contract yesterday and is ready for a new buyer, will that be you?
What to Know About Honua Kai Hokulani #333
583 sq.ft. living + 114 sq.ft. covered lanai | Studio / 1BA | $810K | (MLS# 365440) |
What We Love About Hokulani #333
- Like all studio units at Honua Kai, this property is located on the coveted inner courtyard of the building affording it awesome protected view planes and maximum protection from the wind as Ka’anapali can be a bit breezy at times. This property looks directly out at the ocean with seasonal sunset views, the northern end of Lanai island, and the Hokulani pool, which is set to complete renovations in a couple weeks.
- This particular floor plan is awesome, and one of the best things is that you get this awesome view directly from your king bed within the unit.
- Honua Kai studios are some of the top cash on cash performers that I have seen for an income pruducing asset in Hawaii. My wife and I own Hokulani #833, which is in the same stack as this property, and in our first year of ownership, we should clear close to $90k in annual gross income in our vacation rental portfolio through Hawaii Life Vacation Rentals.
- Unit #333 is exactly the same as our studio except for the floor level.
- 5-6% Cap rate – please do reach out to me about all costs of ownership and historical rental income for this property. However, do know that my rough calculations represent that aforementioned rate of return.
- Prices at Honua Kai have steadily been on the rise the last couple of years in Maui and even more so at Honua Kai, but this property still represents strong long-term value for short-term rental returns, the unparalleled right of enjoyment, and all of the right ingredients for capital appreciation.
What We Love About Honua Kai
- Honua Kai is the newest beachfront whole ownership condominium in West Maui; Hokulani was built in 2008 and Konea in 2009. Surrounding whole ownership buildings are 20-40 years older than Honua Kai.
- Honua Kai is zoned for short-term vacation rentals – occupancy rates, average daily rates, and overall rental income have steadily risen throughout the years and are some of the very strongest in all of Hawaii.
- The onsite Ho’ola Spa is a full-service spa with natural treatments using exclusively Maile organic products.
- 38 acres of direct oceanfront land – Honua Kai is one of the largest resorts in all of Maui, which allows its owners and guests to experience the sensation of spreading their wings and enjoying all the open space.
- The onsite Aina Gourmet Market is a great place for sandwiches, fresh juices, a full-service coffee shop, and some basic sundries.
- The 5 different pool experiences at Honua Kai have something for everyone and are a major reason guests return every year.
- Duke’s Beach House restaurant is directly onsite with excellent breakfast, lunch, and dinner service, and great local entertainment. Duke’s also takes care of the poolside beverage and food service. I have eaten at many of the restaurants in West Maui and truly feel that Duke’s is one of the best values in the entire area.
Aloha from Honua Kai in Ka’anapali Maui,
Jeremy Stice, R(B)
Honua Kai- Hokulani 833 Owner
All Honua Kai Real Estate For Sale
Here is a gallery of all the active and pending resale properties currently on the market: Honua Kai Real Estate Gallery. Please contact me directly for unlisted resale properties as well as my top picks for remaining developer inventory.
My Blog Series on Honua Kai Condos
Please visit my website dedicated to all things Honua Kai, including the most recent market updates, here: www.HonuaKaiBlog.com.
Subscribe to my blog feed here: Subscribe to Hawaii Life Real Estate Brokers » Jeremy Stice, R(S) by Email.